In order to function at maximum effectiveness, a manager must master critical communication skills, including active listening, the ability to receive and provide constructive feedback, to resolve conflicts and to coach and mentor.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
By attending, you will understand how to even more effectively:
- Conduct motivational and directional performance appraisal reviews
- Plan the review
- Manage the review process
- Keep sensitive employees from having their feelings hurt in subtle ways
- Suggest improvement to an employee's performance in a way that boosts an employee"s spirits
- Why employees sometimes fear reviews
- Increase standards of performance
One of the most critical areas of employee relationships--and one of the biggest challenges management faces today--is conducting effective performance appraisals and determining appropriate merit increases. Learn to give performance appraisals that help motivate employees to achieve goals and increase their value to the organization.
Since both managers and employees often view performance appraisals with anxiety, attention is given to preparing for and conducting performance discussions that are objective, complete and defensible. You"ll also share experiences and participate in various exercises with other participants to better understand how to obtain the best possible performance from employees.
- Would you like to conduct more effective performance reviews?
- Would you like to know how to give people "bad news" in a way which will not hurt but in fact improve your working relationships?
- Would you like t