To develop the ability to identify future leaders, you have to
know what leadership really is, along with the skills, traits and
characteristics of effective leaders. That's the key to developing the next generation of leaders and knowing what to look for when you're determining
which team members have the potential to excel as leaders within your
organization. Putting the right people in leadership roles is critical for
building the next generation of leaders, and you have to know what to look
People who are great employees do not necessarily have the mindset to be great leaders, and many don't even want to lead. When you put the wrong people in leadership roles, it can lead to negative consequences for the company and cause employees who are perfect fits for other types of jobs becoming frustrated and leaving because they're in roles that aren't appropriate "fits" for them.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND
Identifying and developing talented employees with the potential to become supervisors, department managers and possibly even members of your company's executive leadership team is a critical aspect of strategic staffing and talent shaping. Developing the ability to identify those with leadership potential is critical to successful succession planning and boosting retention of your high-performing employees.
- What effective leadership really is, as well as what it is not
- Understanding the nature of leadership
- Key skill and personality characteristics critical for leadership success
- Attitude and perspective components of leadership effectiveness
- Identifying "fit" with company culture, mission, vision and values
- Key focus areas for recognizing and realizing leadership potential<